Who can join – Our membership includes women from Clifton and the surrounding communities, including Fairfax Station, Lorton, Burke, Fairfax, Centreville, Little Rocky Run, and beyond.
How to join – A prospective member must attend two of four consecutive meetings after which an Application for Membership will be provided by the Membership Chairperson; Applications are submitted along with $65 Annual Dues and a $15 initiation fee.
Diane Smith, Vice President for Membership
Testimonials from members
The following are testimonials from members on the reasons they became members of CCWC.
- As a former member, I looked forward to getting involved with CCWC. I look forward to developing friendships with the other Club members, and involved in the many community activities. I thoroughly enjoyed my first field trip to Mt. Vernon and look forward to the many other trips that the Club will sponsor. To choose an aspect or focus for club membership, I believe the social and service duties/involvement is balanced equally.
- I wanted to help the community and meet new friends. It feels good to help others. Should there be a need in the community we meet that need. Every committee has responsibilities and those duties help the community as a whole. I do feel that I have been giving back in many ways. After every meeting or activity, I go home and tell my husband how much I enjoy the women in CCWC. Thanks for the fun and work.
- The charities which the Club supports were my primary drive for joining CCWC.
- I was new in Fairfax Station and was invited to a meeting. I found a “community of Women” of varied interests and background which is a fascinating mix. There is something for everyone.
- When I retired, I wanted to give time back to better the community. Raising funds for charitable groups appealed to me. My surprise was finding such a lovely group of women and such a wide variety of social and charitable activities. There is always something to do. I have easily built many friendships and have fully enjoyed my association with the CCWC.